Building Everyday Destinations
Weingarten Realty is pursuing raw land for ground-up development, as well as looking for assets to be redeveloped or repositioned. Redevelopment opportunities include existing retail centers and sites not utilized to their full potential.
Development is a localized business. Our regional offices possess all the essential disciplines required for a successful development project, including professionals in development, construction, leasing and property management.
- Anchored community, neighborhood, and infill power shopping centers
- Seeking mixed-use developments, either as the master developer or as the developer of the retail component only
- Minimum of 50,000 SF; 100,000 plus SF preferred
- Multi-tenant including existing anchor stores (or facility which can accommodate this use)
- Minimum size investment: $15 million
- Focus on West, Southwest, Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions
- Prefer major MSAs with minimum population of 750,000
- Infill and urban trade area with a minimum population of 70,000
- Located at a major intersection of two thoroughfares
All cash at closing, but willing to assume existing indebtedness
Joint ventures with both institutional partners and local retail, multi-family and office developers
Profit participations and earn-outs
“We continue to maintain one of the strongest balance sheets in our sector which positions us to pursue growth opportunities. Our current position will further provide funding for our new development, redevelopment and acquisition programs. Our balance sheet has never been in better shape, and we are well-positioned for the future.”
Steve Richter, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Weingarten Realty seeks both institutional and development joint ventures. We offer strong tenant relationships, asset management skills, and the ability to source and analyze deals. Our knowledge and understanding of markets across the country, product expertise and exceptional customer service makes us an excellent partner.
DEVELOPMENT JOINT VENTURES
Weingarten Realty as formed numerous development joint ventures ranging from single-property deals with landowners to long-term, multiple-property development alliances.
Our ventures have utilized a variety of structures with the overriding theme of achieving an alignment of interests leading to a win-win deal for our partners and Weingarten Realty.
JOINT VENTURES PARTNERS
Partial list of Joint Venture Partners: