Acquiring Everyday Shopping Centers
We look to purchase well-anchored neighborhood and community centers in major metropolitan areas with strong population growth and high barriers to entry.
- Anchored community or neighborhood shopping center, or a mixed-use center (preferrably including a grocer)
- Will consider a well-positioned unachored strip in the right market
- Minimum of 50,000 SF; 100,000 plus SF preferred
- Multi-tenant including existing anchor stores (or facility which can accommodate this use)
- Minimum size investment: $15 million
- Focus on West, Southwest, Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions
- Prefer major MSAs with a minimum population of 750,000
- Infill and urban trade area with a minimum population of 70,000
- Located at a major intersection of two thoroughfares
NORTH DECATUR STATION
N Decatur Rd at Church St | Decatur, GA 30030
North Decatur Station is the newly-built retail component to the mixed-use project including 290 upscale multi-family units. Anchored by Whole Foods Market 365, the property caters to the affluent, highly-educated, and densely populated city of Decatur. The retail mix makes up the perfect balance of grocery, restaurants, service providers, medical, and fitness.
CAMELBACK MILLER PLAZA
E Camelback Rd & N Miller Rd | Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Camelback Miller Plaza is located in the Downtown Scottsdale Entertainment District in the popular retail node including Fashion Square Mall, Scottsdale Waterfront and Old Town Scottsdale. Anchored by Sprouts Farmers Market, T.J. Maxx, and PetSmart, the center serves the affluent customers that live in or visit the popular Scottsdale downtown.
STEVENS CREEK CENTRAL
Stevens Creek Blvd at Lawrence Expressway | San Jose, CA 95129
Stevens Creek Central is a dominant, grocery-anchored community center located in San Jose, CA. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley and situated approximately 1.5 miles from Apple’s new “spaceship” campus. The shopping center serves an impressive trade area with a high-density, affluent population.
SUBMIT POTENTIAL PROPERTIES FOR ACQUISITION
If you have a property or a portfolio of properties to submit, click the button below to complete the form and press the Submit button.
All cash at closing, but willing to assume existing indebtedness
Joint ventures with both institutional partners and local retail, multi-family & office developers
Profit participations and earn-outs
“Our great liquidity and strong credit metrics provides significant long-term stability and flexibility to pursue opportunities that arise.”
Steve Richter, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Weingarten Realty seeks both institutional and development joint ventures. We offer strong tenant relationships, asset management skills, and the ability to source and analyze deals. Our knowledge and understanding of markets across the country, product expertise and exceptional customer service makes us an excellent partner.
INSTITUTIONAL JOINT VENTURES
Weingarten works with institutional investors on three types of joint ventures:
- Programmatic Acquisition Ventures – for ongoing acquisitions of properties meeting pre-specified criteria
- Specified Portfolio Acquisition Ventures – to acquire an identified portfolio of properties; and
- Recapitalization Ventures – for investors looking to buy into a portfolio of existing Weingarten assets.
JOINT VENTURES PARTNERS
Partial list of Joint Venture Partners: